Ground Turkey/Chicken Stuffed Tomatoes w/Quinoa
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes, and set them aside. Use a spoon to scoop out tomato pulp. Deposit tomato pulp into a bowl, and set
- Cook quinoa in a separate pot stirring occasionally until halfway cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Add more water if needed; Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a large glass baking dish. Arrange the tomato shells in the baking dish, and set aside.
In a medium skillet, sauté meat and garlic over medium-high heat until brown or cooked. add zucchini/squash, onion, oregano,thyme, turmeric, tomato paste and tomato pulp to the skillet. Turn the heat to high, allow mixture to come to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and add quinoa
- Stuff each tomato with the mixture
- Place tomato tops back onto the tomatoes, and bake for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and fresh parsley or cilantro if desired, and serve.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 stuffed tomatoes
Per serving: Calories: 255; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 43mg; Sodium: 356mg; Carbohydrate: 18g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 11g; Protein: 14g